WP1 will provide a Simulation Capability for the assessment of the expected impact of emerging trade routes, national strategies and technological concepts on the TEN-T corridors and PENs interfacing TEN-T to global trade and will define the Reference Specifications of Integrated Green EU-Global networks [EGTN]. In short, this task will:
- Consolidate the initial view of EGTN, in the form of four Foundational Position Papers
- Formulate EGTN simulation scenarios based on the LL requirements and the Foundational Papers to guide and support work in WP1 and WP2 tasks;
- Develop an EGTN modelling and simulation capability for a comprehensive analysis of the impact of emerging trade routes, national strategies and technological concepts on trans-continental freight flows and modal split to/from Europe and on the required interfaces to the TEN-T. For this it will:
- analyse, extend, customise and harmonise pre-existing simulation models from the project partners.
- establish the data requirements in terms of data sources and harmonisation process that will enable the execution of the enriched simulation models.”